Saturday, August 6, 2011

California Pizza Kitchen, in short, CPK!

I remember my dad joking us that CPK stands for Cat, Pusa, Kitten/Kuting. Hahaha! LOL

Anyways last Saturday, my family and I had dinner at CPK in Powerplant Mall. The food was okay, the service not so. For restaurants like this, the receptionist should introduce us to our server but no, they did not. And they weren't really attentive.

Potato Leek Soup
We originally ordered for their Pumpkin soup but later on, the server told us they didn't have it anymore. Sucked. I didn't really like the Potato Leek Soup. At first, it was okay but as you went on, it's nakaka-sawa. Dane and I both ordered for this, we should have just shared.

The Meat Cravers Pizza
I loved this! My mom was so disappointed when she knew that CPK no longer offers their famous Santa Fe pizza. It's her favorite. Too bad for my mom but lucky for me 'cause I got to order this meat cravers pizza. :D

Pesto Cream Penne w/ Chicken
The first time I tried this in Greenbelt, it was super duper yummy! I love cream and pesto so combined together, awesome. My second time in Shangri-la, it was so so. And my third in Powerplant, it was dry. Tsk!

Chicken Satay

My sisters didn't like it. Well if you're not a fan of peanut butter, then I suggest you don't order this. If you eat only the chicken, it doesn't have any taste. But with the sauce,it's perfect! Not bad.

Bangkok Calamari
Their calamari was good but nothing really special, just an ordinary one.

I miss Italianni's and La Piadina. I love their flavorful risottos and pastas!